By enrolling in an Enact Academy program or Online Course, or otherwise accessing the Enact Academy platform or interacting with any of the Enact Academy Services, you agree to abide by the following Enact Academy Honor Code, which we created to ensure the best learning experience for you and for all other Enact Academy Students (as defined in our Terms of Service). Students found to be acting in violation of the terms set forth may be asked to leave their program without a refund. By using Enact Academy, you also agree to our Terms of Service, including the User Conduct Policy, and the Community Code of Conduct. Please conduct yourself responsibly and respectfully when participating in any Enact Academy community or program. You further understand and agree that all decisions regarding participation, graduation, and awarding of verified certificates will be made by Enact Academy in its sole discretion.
You agree that you:
- will not harass other Students, Attendees, Visitors, or Enact Academy Employees;
- will not cheat on any assignment, projects, or assessments, as applicable, for the Online Courses. For example, giving or receiving unpermitted aid on, or copying or sharing of, another User’s (as defined in the Terms of Service) projects or other class work (or any portion thereof);
- will not plagiarize (a form of cheating) the work of others. For example, using another person’s original work (e.g., language, ideas, assignments) in your assignments, projects, or assessments. In some assignments, you may quote or be inspired by others’ ideas and works, as long as you provide proper citation;
- will not post online any assessment materials, as applicable;
- will comply with the requirements of the specific applicable code of conduct, if any, relating directly to any course in which you are enrolled; and
- will notify the instructors immediately if you become aware of any other User cheating or breaching this Honor Code or the Terms of Service.
If you are registered or enrolled as a Student in, or are otherwise attending, an Online Course that grants credit through an Educational Partner or other institution with its own policy regarding student and/or employee conduct or an “honor code,” those terms may also apply to you.
Failure to adhere to this Honor Code impairs the integrity of our learning environment and harms the value of our Online Courses for our Students. If we determine that you have violated this Honor Code, we reserve the right to take any action we deem appropriate, including, but not limited to, rejecting your submissions or removing you from our programs with no refund.
Community Code of Conduct
By engaging with Enact Academy’s student or alumni community, whether as a Student or otherwise, you are contributing to a culture of collaboration, mutual support, and lifelong learning. Enact Academy’s Community Code of Conduct is enforced to foster a productive learning environment for you and your fellow Students.
The Community Code of Conduct is in place with the priority of preserving:
- Your safety;
- Your privacy; and
- Respect among community members.
Community Code of Conduct
By participating in Enact Academy community services, you agree to:
- Cultivate a positive, supportive learning environment;
- Communicate respectfully and considerately with all Students, Instructors, and Enact Academy staff;
- Not share content that is obscene, illicit, threatening, or discriminatory;
- Contribute constructively to discussions with fellow community members; and
- Notify Enact Academy immediately if you become aware of Honor Code or community violations at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following behaviors are examples of the types of conduct that will not be tolerated in any Enact Academy community:
- Harassment: Inappropriate, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or violent comments or conduct.
- Discrimination: Offensive comments related to gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, or disease.
- Distributing inappropriate images: Use of sexual, violent, graphic, or derogatory images.
- Bullying: Deliberate intimidation, threats of violence, violent language, or other language (e.g., comments on physical appearance) designed to intimidate, degrade, or shame another person.
- Sexual harassment: Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Cheating and plagiarism: Cheating and plagiarism. Please see the Honor Code for more information.
- Self-injury or Suicide: Postings in any of our communities that encourage self-injury or suicide. If you or someone you know is exhibiting signs of self-injury or suicide, please find help at the Suicide Prevention Lifeline in the U.S. and Befrienders.org globally.
- Other harmful conduct: Obscene, fraudulent, indecent, or libelous acts that defame, abuse, harass, discriminate against, or threaten others.
Violations of our Terms of Service, Honor Code, or Code of Community Conduct
Enact Academy may take any action regarding your access to and/or use of the community, programs, or site as it deems appropriate in connection with a violation of this Community Code of Conduct, including, but not limited to, removal of your posts or other content, removing you from our programs with no refund, or removing you from any or all of our Services.
All reports of violations should be submitted to email@example.com and will be reviewed to determine the appropriate course of action in a timely manner.