Updated June 29, 2020
Enact Academy, LLC is the data controller of your information. Please see the “Contact Information” section below for additional details.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USING OUR SERVICES
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. In general, we collect information from you through:
- Using any of our Services, including registering for a Account through the Website(s)
- Making a purchase from us, including registering and enrolling in any Online Course
- Signing up for email updates
- Uploading or posting to forums or other Interactions included through the Services
- Submitting requests or questions to us via forms or email
- Requesting customer support and technical assistance
The types of data we collect directly from you include, but are not limited to:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address
- Log-in credentials, if you register an Account with us
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us, such as your shipping address. Please note, however, that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information. Instead, we use a third-party payment processor to process our payments
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information, such as your gender, socio-economic status, and other personal information
- Information you provide to us in connection with any application or admissions process, including, for example, educational and work experience, prerequisite knowledge, any pre-assessment you complete, your goals, and other information
- User-generated content you upload or post to public forums through the Services
- Information needed in order to comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Information from third parties about you
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
PARTICIPATION IN ONLINE COURSES
If you desire to participate in an Online Course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such an Online Course. Enact Academy, or its third party service providers, may collect information from you directly, or about your performance or accomplishments related to the course, such as quiz/assessment scores, grades, discussion forum posts, assignment evaluations, instructor evaluations, survey responses, course progress, and any other evaluations of your work in the Online Course.
We also use or may use these technologies to help us determine and identify repeat visitors, the type of content and sites to which a user of our Website(s) links, the length of time each user spends at any particular area of our Website(s), and the specific functionalities that users choose to use.
We use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Website(s) to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to Web browser signals or other mechanisms for the expression of choice regarding collection of information about an individual over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., Web browser “do not track” signals).
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you and the specific services you use, in order to:
- Send you information in connection with the Services
- Respond to your communications and requests
- Manage and process Online Courses, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress and completion; and administering assessments, assignments, and other content or interactions
- Provide Services to you, such as services that you request in conjunction with the Online Courses
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone (including via SMS messages) regarding Enact Academy and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customize the content we provide through the Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of the Services
- Secure the Services
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Website so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, statistical analyses of Website(s) usage, and may also share such data with third parties.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Enact Academy does not sell your information to any third parties.
Enact Academy may share your information in the following ways and/or with the following parties:
Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with operations and maintenance contractors and other third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They can provide a variety of services to us, including, but not limited to, providing web and software hosting to support our services, marketing, producing content, and providing auditing, legal, or financial services.
Employers. We may share the information that we collect from you when you participate in an Online Course if the course is sponsored or paid for by your employer. Information we may share with your employer may include, but is not limited to, your progress in the Online Course, including assessment results and completion status, time spent actively involved in or with an Online Course, and/or survey results.
University Partners. If you are taking a course sponsored or associated with a University Partner, we may share information about you and your performance with the University Partner, including to report on your progress in the course. Information shared with our University Partners will be subject to the privacy policies and procedures of the University Partner.
Protection of Enact Academy and Others. By using the Website, you acknowledge and agree that we may access, retain and disclose the information we collect and maintain about you if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, retention or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- respond to your requests for customer service; and/or
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of Enact Academy, its agents and affiliates, its users and/or the public.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, compliance with applicable law, and spam/malware prevention, and similar purposes.
Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, Enact Academy may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as, but not limited to, publishing a report on usage trends or survey results, assessment results, career/long-term outcomes, and other demographic information provided to us by our Students. The use and sharing of such data is unrestricted.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local laws may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
To the extent that you make such a request, we require certain information to help verify your request and prevent fraudulent information and removal requests. Specifically, we ask that you provide the following pieces of information:
- Username and email address associated with your Enact Academy Account;
- Online Courses currently or previously enrolled in;
- Approximate date of Account registration;
- Information you want to view and/or request removed;
- Country of residence; and
- A statement under penalty of perjury that all information in your request is truthful and that this is your Account or that you have the authorization to make the request on behalf of the owner of the Account.
Depending on the circumstances and the information you request, we may require additional methods of verification at our discretion.
COMMUNICATIONS AND NOTIFICATION PREFERENCES AND OPTING OUT
We may contact you using your email address for marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe from certain commercial or marketing email communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of such emails.
If we are communicating with you via emails that do not have an unsubscribe notice, and you wish to opt out, you may contact us to request opt-out at: email@example.com.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
PRIVACY OF THOSE UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Enact Academy is intended for working teachers and not for individuals under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use our Services. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. Enact Academy takes a variety of technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your information from disclosure to or access by third parties. Please note that we do not guarantee the security of information, as no method of internet transmission or storage is completely secure. Also note that we may retain and store your information in our databases and systems even after your Enact Academy account is deactivated as long as we have a legitimate purpose to do so and in accordance with applicable law.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents have the right to receive, once a year from Enact Academy:
- information identifying any third-party company(ies) to whom we may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) “personal information” (as defined by California law) for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and
- a description of the categories of personal information disclosed.
If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request at firstname.lastname@example.org; when you request the information, use the phrase “California Shine the Light Request” to help us appropriately identify your question, and include your mailing address, state of residence, and email address so we can provide a response.