Please review the following technical requirements carefully. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you have met the technical requirements to participate and succeed in this course.
Computer, Operating System, and Software Specifications
- Laptop or desktop computer*
- Windows: XP or later operating system; Mac: OSX 10.7 or later operating system
- Minimum screen size of 1366 x 768 pixels
- ≥1GB RAM
- ≥2GHz processor
*For an optimal learning experience, laptop or desktop access is strongly recommended. It may be possible to use the Canvas app from Instructure to access this course.
Internet and Video Specifications
- Recommended browsers: Chrome (v30+) or Firefox (v27+)
- Google Suite-compatible
- Reliable internet connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps
- Working headphones or earbuds that can be used for class video conferences
- A working webcam and microphone compatible with your computer
- The Zoom teleconferencing application needs to be installed on your computer before the first class video call. You need to set up a free Zoom account to participate in the course.
- One course assignment also requires you to install recording software and capture a teaching video. A system compatible with Zoom should also be able to support this type of software.
Using Zoom for Course Meetings
Our course meetings are dynamic and discussion-based. We use the Zoom web calling platform for our course meetings. If you are participating in a course with Zoom web calls, you are required to do the following before your first course meeting:
- Set up a Zoom account. It is free to set up an account and join our course meetings.
- Download the Zoom application on your computer or the device you will use to access the course.
- Ensure that you have a functioning set of headphones and web camera (most laptops now have built-in web cameras).
- Launch Zoom and test your audio and video.
You are expected to use headphones in course meetings, have your video on, and join from a space that is sufficiently quiet to allow you to participate fully in meetings.